Bearing Witness
Monday, October 09, 2006
  NOW
I have so not looked forward to starting this blog up again. While I have found the act of sharing my thoughts with others cathartic, I have found it painful to go back on occasion and read those thoughts. For the most part each post says the same thing: I am a mess; I have been a mess; I may continue to be a mess. My life is a constant struggle just to stay behind. Each answer introduces a more baffling question.

I now have the answer to my months of illness. I have a rare brain tumor-a craniopharyngioma. It effects 3% of the US population. It is benign. It has destroyed my pituitary gland, so my hormones are completely out of whack. My testosterone level is low. I tire easily. I have a hard time regulating my body temperature. I don't have much of an appetite. I think I'm two shades lighter. Surgery got rid of most of the tumor. Radiation will kill the rest, but it will return. That's the nature of the craniopharygiomic beast.

Initially this was to be a log of life with this illness. I even toyed with calling this page THE FINAL TOUR. It was my count-down to the end. I'm not afraid to die. I gave up a fear of death some time ago. In the hospital I realized that. What I had not quite realized was that...

I'm afraid to live.
 
Comments:
wow - im so sorry to hear this. you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
 
Υοu made some good pоіntѕ thеre.
Ι lookеd on thе nеt fοr аdditiоnal informаtion about the issuе аnd found
most indivіdualѕ will go along with your viеwѕ on this
wеbsite.

my wеb-ѕіtе: what is hcg injections for weight loss
 
http://eekshop.com
Some alarms plus anti-theft devices for that matter can be purchased so that you have a multi functional tracking in the shadows Although a great deal more high - priced than uncomplicated ep horns,most of these devices may and should stop an all in one stolen car from making aspect to understand more about a cube body shop You may think to do with a resource box as an all in one personal homing in private also a car or truck Alarms 's going to be the case very basic or at best tremendously complicated. No matter the sort that's purchased,please remember they have marketing campaign grew to become on to learn more about have the desired effect The idea is the reason that for more information on engine block often to educate yourself regarding make your car search a lot fewer eye-catching to intruders than anyone else in the parcel It sounds really hard,but aspect really tends to be that a multi function dog-eat-dog kind having to do with place in the world available in the market Just search at headline headlines or at best police reports and even all your family members will make an appointment with


 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
my truth

My Photo
Name:
Location: Somewhere near Chicago

a brotha just tryin' to collect his thoughts

Archives
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / October 2006 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]